6 days kidepo wildlife safari tour packages
DAY 1: ARRIVAL – KAMPALA (Travel time: +1hr)
On Arrival at Entebbe International airport, you will be received and greeted by a representative of HT Agency Tours who will later transfer you to your Hotel in Kampala where you will spend a Night. Dinner and overnight at Fairway Hotel Kampala (Mid–range) Meal plan (Dinner)
Day 2: Kampala- Gulu (Travel time: +5hrs)
The Second day of your safari is basically for travelling. Considering the journey requires about 11 hours; pick up will be at 7:00 am and make an early start on your journey to Gulu. Kidepo national park is far placed – northeast of Uganda, bordering Kenya to the east and South Sudan to the North. The journey can be very exhausting to
drive direct to the park thus making it necessary to break the journey in Gulu and proceed the next day! You will have stopovers along the way to enjoy a fruit or snack and stretch out. Lunch will be en–route and arrive in Gulu late afternoon. Dinner and overnight at Gulu Churchill Courts hotel. Meal Plan: Dinner
Day 3: Transfer to Kidepo Valley National Park, Game Drive (Travel time: +4hrs)
On the Third day of your safari, we shall make our final trip to Kidepo Valley National Park! Wake up to a hot cup of coffee / tea and embark on a 3 hours’ drive to Kidepo national park where you will arrive in time for an early lunch. After lunch embark on a game drive in Kidepo valley in anticipation of seeing herds of buffalos, zebras, elephants, giraffes, hyenas, and cheetahs. You will enjoy a slow drive and you can be sure to seize picture moments while on your game drive and you can have stops at any moment you please. Return to the lodge and spend the evening at leisure admiring the wilderness. Dinner and overnight at Nga’moru Wilderness Camp for Midrange Meal Plan: Full board
Day 4: Game Drive in Kidepo Valley
We shall do a Game Drive and a cultural walk on the fourth day of the. You will enjoy breakfast as you admire the true wilderness and an out of the world experience! When breakfast is done, you will set out for another rewarding game drive through the open savannah, rocky outcrops, forests and rings of mountains. Drive extensively up to Kanangorok Hot Springs and brace yourself for photo opportunities and chances of catching sight of more wildlife especially lions sitting on the rocks as they scan the park for possible prey. Drive back to the lodge to relax and have lunch.In the afternoon, head out for a cultural tour to the Karamojong people for a truly unique experience. The Karamojong culture is still pure and totally unique from most other tribes in Uganda; they have rejected civilization and still live like in the ancient times. The Karamojong are predominantly pastoralists and live purposely to fight for their cattle as it is in their belief that every cattle in the world belongs to them. As such, fierce cattle raids still occur in the region and at times stretch to neighboring Kenya! They are a very interesting group of people with a very unique culture visible in their way of dressing, cooking, dancing and other daily life activities. A visit to the Karamojong is a truly rewarding experience you should look forward to. Later transfer back to the lodge for dinner and overnight. Dinner and overnight at Nga’moru Wilderness Camp for Midrange Meal Plan: Full board
Day 5: Game Drive and Transfer to Gulu (Travel time: +4hrs)
We shall have breakfast and go for your last game drive in this true wilderness; no game drive is the same in Kidepo. Every day presents a different sight do you can expect to increase your game count. Return to the lodge to check out and transfer to Gulu where you will enjoy late lunch and spend the rest of the day relaxing at your Hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at Gulu Churchill Courts hotel Meal plan: Full board
Day 6: Kampala and Departure (Travel time: +5hrs)
Begin your day with a healthy breakfast and later proceed to Kampala with lunch en– route arriving late afternoon then transfer to Entebbe airport for your onward flight. Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch
END OF THE TOURS
Luxury Madagascar with the best luxury African safari tours packages. Discover your next perfect destination with HT Agency Tours
4x4 safaris Van
Game viewing drives
An English speaking driver/guide
All park entrance fees
Hot spring visit
Community tours where mentioned as included
Accommodation and Meals as indicated
All other activities mentioned in the itinerary
Tips & gratuities
Health & Medical Insurance
Meals not specified on the itinerary
Any other item not indicated in itinerary as included
Items of a personal nature such as drinks, cigars, laundry, telephone calls, porter–age, etc
- Your guide will manage all programs’ timing
- During the trip, the following dietary requirement(s) are served: Regular (typically includes meat, fish, milk, sea food, …). If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to us
- Please note that the feasibility of the tour will depend on the availability of the proposed accommodations
- We do not take responsibility for any airline schedule changes that may occur after quoting or booking. We will do everything we can to alleviate any disruption of your itinerary or holiday but cannot be held responsible for any loss of funds, bookings, missed connections or other prebooked/paid services.
Kanangorok Hot Springs
Karamojong cultural visit
Gulu town visit
- For safe operation
- Given the fluid nature of local COVID-19 protocols, our itineraries are regularly reviewed and will be modified based on local requirements to ensure a safe experience. If a major change is necessary, we will let you know before departure.
- Our guide will use their judgment during the trip to modify the itinerary if physical distancing cannot be achieved
- Our guide will receive in-depth training on COVID-19 protocols and how to conduct our journeys in the “new normal”.
- Our guide will brief you upon arrival on the use of face masks and physical distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
- Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local food hygiene and physical distancing requirements will be used. We will encourage outdoor dining areas where possible.
- All of our staff and third party suppliers will be continually informed of new health and safety protocols.
- Transportation Protocols
- Our drivers will follow local protocols on the use of face masks and physical distancing required.
- Our drivers will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer and tissues in the vehicle and encourage customers to wash their hands when getting into the vehicle.
- All vehicles will be disinfected (seats, door handles, etc.) regularly throughout the day.
- Protocols for Hotels
- We will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
- We will ensure that these measures include; improved room cleaning, ventilation, physical distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff retraining and minimization of contact within properties
- If You Get Sick
- All of our leaders are trained to help any guest who becomes ill while traveling.
- We also have an “action plan” in case of suspected COVID-19 cases within the group and are ready to seek medical support at any time.
- Our guides are supported by our 24/7 based operations team and local partners across the country
- Our recommendations
- We recommend you to bring your own face masks (at least 2 reusable) and an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We recommend you to check with the airline for their individual COVID-19 requirements prior to departure.
- We recommend you to check your own government travel advice and meet entry requirements including, but not limited to, COVID-19 testing, pre-arrival health questionnaires, and tracking and traceability in the country, etc