Oudtshoorn Adventure Tours Package
DAY 1: CAPE TOWN TO OUDTSHOORN (450 KM)
The guide will meet you up at Cape Town port at 8: 30 early in the morning and trade the silhouette of Table Mountain for the lush green scenery of the Garden Route. The first game reserve visited is about 5 to 6 hours driving away (subject to weather and traffic conditions), but the route is scenic with a few photo and rest stops along the way. The 3500ha Botlierskop private game reserve is located in a malaria-free area and home to an abundance of wildlife including four of the Big Five, giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, well over 26 different species of animals, and more than 200 bird species. Spot some of Africa’s wild animals from the back of an open-top 4×4 vehicle and particularly keep your eyes open for lion, elephant, buffalo, and rhino sightings. Leopards are nocturnal hunters, evasive and not contained by fences so it’s unlikely to see them during these game drives. After this approx. 2-hour game drive it’s time for an up-close and personal encounter with nature on a short tranquil bush walking safari. Hop off the safari vehicle, following your game ranger as you look for wildlife through the coastal Renosterveldt and Cape Fynbos. A short 1-hour drive to the next stop to end your day in Oudtshoorn, the ostrich capital of the world. Either head to town to enjoy a restaurant meal or taste local delights, such as an ostrich kebab during an optional ‘braai’ (similar to BBQ) dinner under the Klein Karoo’s twinkling starry skies. This overnight safari trip includes a choice of overnight lodging in Oudtshoorn. Subject to availability, the options are: 4-star Buffelsdrift lodge or 3-star Yamkela guest house or budget Paradise Backpackers.
DAY 2: OUDTSHOORN TO CAPE TOWN
After breakfast, jump straight into the thick of the Klein Karoo bush this morning as you set out on an open-topped 2-hour 4×4 safari drive to seek out more of Africa’s wildlife at Buffelsdrift Private Game Reserve. Your expert guide and ranger will help spots wildlife and shares some of nature’s secrets while teaching you about the region’s fauna and flora. This bush drive focuses more on getting back to basics and close to nature as the reserve is not home to many big game species. Join rangers on an optional Elephant Bush Walk to have the opportunity to walk alongside three rescued elephants on their morning stroll to the nearby waterhole (own expense). Learn about these gentle giants, under the watchful eye of the elephant guides as you walk along these impressive creatures – easily the largest land mammals on earth. End off the perfect day with a drive along Route 62, the longest wine route in the world! Capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, rugged Karoo plains during this 5.5-hour journey (with extra rest stops and subject to traffic) before arriving in Cape Town by late evening where we I’ll drop you at the port around 5pm.
END OF THE TOURS
Luxury Madagascar with the best luxury African safari tours packages. Discover your next perfect destination with HT Agency Tours
- Round trip transfers from/to accommodation in Cape Town CBD
- Qualified local driver-guide
- Transport in luxury minivan
- Accommodation for 1 night – as per package selected
- 2-hour 4×4 Garden Route Game Drive
- 2-hour 4×4 Klein Karoo Bush Drive
- 30-minute Bush Walking Safari
- 1x Breakfast , 2x dinner,
- Your guide will manage all programs’ timing
- During the trip, the following dietary requirement(s) are served: Regular (typically includes meat, fish, milk, sea food, …). If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to us
- Please note that the feasibility of the tour will depend on the availability of the proposed accommodations
- We do not take responsibility for any airline schedule changes that may occur after quoting or booking. We will do everything we can to alleviate any disruption of your itinerary or holiday but cannot be held responsible for any loss of funds, bookings, missed connections or other prebooked/paid services.
Go wild with an overnight trip from Cape Town. Venture off the beaten track in search of Africa’s Big Five and encounter wildlife at private game reserves. Enjoy daily game drives, a bush walk safari and walk with orphaned elephants.
- Spot some of the Big Five animals on two 4×4 safari game drives
- Follow a game ranger as you track wildlife on foot during a tranquil walking safari
- Stay overnight at Oudtshoorn, a quirky country town in the heart of the Klein Karoo and the ostrich capital of the world
- Try local delicacies at a ‘braai’ (similar to bbq) dinner, giving you a taste of authentic South African culture
- Visa and Passport
For tourist stays in South Africa of less than 90 days, holders of a French passport (ordinary, diplomatic or service) are exempt from a prior visa. A 90-day residence permit will be issued at the border and upon entering South Africa.
It is a condition of booking with HT Agency Tours that you have adequate valid travel insurance. For that, we highly recommend Nomad Insurance. It is your responsibility to arrange appropriate travel insurance and ensure you have read and understood the full terms and conditions of your travel insurance policy to ensure that you are covered for all activities you intend to undertake whilst on the tour, including all optional activities. Your Insurance Policy must fully cover you for medical expenses and emergency repatriation to your home country. Please ensure your policy includes medical emergency helicopter evacuation in the event of illness or injury and covers the entire duration of your holiday. If you are trekking at altitude, please ensure that there is no upper altitude limit which may limit or exclude cover for your trip.
For safe operation
- Given the fluid nature of local COVID-19 protocols, our itineraries are regularly reviewed and will be modified based on local requirements to ensure a safe experience. If a major change is necessary, we will let you know before departure.
- Our guide will use their judgment during the trip to modify the itinerary if physical distancing cannot be achieved
- Our guide will receive in-depth training on COVID-19 protocols and how to conduct our journeys in the “new normal”.
- Our guide will brief you upon arrival on the use of face masks and physical distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
- Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local food hygiene and physical distancing requirements will be used. We will encourage outdoor dining areas where possible.
- All of our staff and third party suppliers will be continually informed of new health and safety protocols.
- Our drivers will follow local protocols on the use of face masks and physical distancing required.
- Our drivers will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer and tissues in the vehicle and encourage customers to wash their hands when getting into the vehicle.
- All vehicles will be disinfected (seats, door handles, etc.) regularly throughout the day.
Protocols for Hotels
- We will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
- We will ensure that these measures include; improved room cleaning, ventilation, physical distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff retraining and minimization of contact within properties
If You Get Sick
- All of our leaders are trained to help any guest who becomes ill while traveling.
- We also have an “action plan” in case of suspected COVID-19 cases within the group and are ready to seek medical support at any time.
- Our guides are supported by our 24/7 based operations team and local partners across the country
- We recommend you to bring your own face masks (at least 2 reusable) and an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We recommend you to check with the airline for their individual COVID-19 requirements prior to departure.
- We recommend you to check your own government travel advice and meet entry requirements including, but not limited to, COVID-19 testing, pre-arrival health questionnaires, and tracking and traceability in the country, etc