6 days mount elgon and sipi falls hike tour packages
DAY 1: KAMPALA -MT ELGON NATIONAL PARK (Travel time: +7hrs)
Have breakfast and be picked by a guide from HT Agency Tours who will brief you and drive North–East to Kapchorwa district where Sipi River Lodge is located. Sipi falls is a series of three waterfalls in Eastern Uganda. The waterfalls lie on the edge of Mount Elgon National Park near the Kenyan border. Have lunch in Mbale and drive to the lodge where you can relax. Dinner and overnight at Sipi River Lodge (Mid–range) Meal Plan (Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 2: SIPI FALLS
On this day you have a variety of activities to choose from i.e. hike to the Sipi water falls or guided walks around the Sipi village and learn about the culture of the people. The people in this area are called the Bagisu who speak a dialect of the Lumasaba language called Lugisu, which is fully understandable by other dialects, and is also understood by the Bukusu. The Bagisu or Bamasaba undergo a circumcision ritual called the Imbalu. The ritual is held every two years during August. Sipi falls are also regarded as Uganda’s romantic falls! Dinner and overnight at Sipi River Lodge (Mid-range) Meal Plan (Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 3: MT ELGON HIKE-Budadiri / Bumasola Trail
This trip is for those people short on time. After a night at the lodge we drive you to the trail head at Budadiri / Bumasola, and from there you start your ascent. The first stretch on the trailhead snakes up through the hillside communities above Budadiri. Ascending further, the trail enters the National Park and straight away climbs the Wall of Death! Although conjuring horrifying images, this is simply a steep section where UWA has constructed a series of ladders, ramps and boardwalks through the cliffs.This strenuous day leaves you to rest and make camp at Mude caves camp. (1770m – 3500m) Dinner and overnight at Mude Caves Camp (Mid-range) Meal Plan (Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 4: MT ELGON HIKE-Wagagai Summit
On this day you leave the camp for the summit at Wagagai and then back to the camp. (3500m – 4321m – 3500m) The Wagagai peak is the unobvious high point of the Caldera, the edge of the crater rim and requires walking a few kilometers around the rim with spectacular views out towards Kenya and across the expansive, echoic plains of the Caldera. The walk back to Mude camp is fairly short allowing the opportunity to soak up the peaceful atmosphere and explore lake pools dotted around the hill. Dinner and overnight at Mude Caves Camp (Mid–range) Meal Plan (Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 5: MT ELGON HIKE-Descend to Budadiri / Bumasola Trail
On this day you head back to Bumasola where we will pick you up and drive you back to the lodge for a hot shower some hearty food and a well–deserved drink! Dinner and overnight at Sipi River Lodge (Mid–range) Meal Plan (Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 6: MT ELGON -KAMPALA (Travel time: +5hrs)
After breakfast, early morning drive back to Kampala with lunch en-route. Later proceed to Kampala or Entebbe to a place or hotel of choice where your guide shall drop you or be transferred to Entebbe International Airport to catch up with your out bond flight back home or to your next destination. Mealplan(BreakfastandLunch)
END OF THE TOURS
Luxury Madagascar with the best luxury African safari tours packages. Discover your next perfect destination with HT Agency Tours
Hiking Mt Elgon
Sipi Falls visit
Park entry fees
Transportation on a 4x4 vehicle
English speaking Guide
Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary
Potter Fees while hiking
Activities not included in the itinerary
Personal Hiking gear like: Sleeping bag, Warm jacket/sweater, Rubber boots and Gloves
- Your guide will manage all programs’ timing
- During the trip, the following dietary requirement(s) are served: Regular (typically includes meat, fish, milk, sea food, …). If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to us
- Please note that the feasibility of the tour will depend on the availability of the proposed accommodations
- We do not take responsibility for any airline schedule changes that may occur after quoting or booking. We will do everything we can to alleviate any disruption of your itinerary or holiday but cannot be held responsible for any loss of funds, bookings, missed connections or other prebooked/paid services.
Mt Elgon Hiking
Sipi Falls Visit
- For safe operation
- Given the fluid nature of local COVID-19 protocols, our itineraries are regularly reviewed and will be modified based on local requirements to ensure a safe experience. If a major change is necessary, we will let you know before departure.
- Our guide will use their judgment during the trip to modify the itinerary if physical distancing cannot be achieved
- Our guide will receive in-depth training on COVID-19 protocols and how to conduct our journeys in the “new normal”.
- Our guide will brief you upon arrival on the use of face masks and physical distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
- Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local food hygiene and physical distancing requirements will be used. We will encourage outdoor dining areas where possible.
- All of our staff and third party suppliers will be continually informed of new health and safety protocols.
- Transportation Protocols
- Our drivers will follow local protocols on the use of face masks and physical distancing required.
- Our drivers will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer and tissues in the vehicle and encourage customers to wash their hands when getting into the vehicle.
- All vehicles will be disinfected (seats, door handles, etc.) regularly throughout the day.
- Protocols for Hotels
- We will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
- We will ensure that these measures include; improved room cleaning, ventilation, physical distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff retraining and minimization of contact within properties
- If You Get Sick
- All of our leaders are trained to help any guest who becomes ill while traveling.
- We also have an “action plan” in case of suspected COVID-19 cases within the group and are ready to seek medical support at any time.
- Our guides are supported by our 24/7 based operations team and local partners across the country
- Our recommendations
- We recommend you to bring your own face masks (at least 2 reusable) and an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We recommend you to check with the airline for their individual COVID-19 requirements prior to departure.
- We recommend you to check your own government travel advice and meet entry requirements including, but not limited to, COVID-19 testing, pre-arrival health questionnaires, and tracking and traceability in the country, etc