5 days gorilla tracking and white water rafting adventure tour packages
DAY 1: KAMPALA - JINJA (Mabira forest and Sezibwa Falls) (Travel time: +2hrs)
You will be picked up by our professional driver and guide from Kampala and transferred by private vehicle through to Jinja. We shall make a stop visit at the Ssezibwa Falls one of the best spots for rest and healing for the Kabaka’s (Kings) of the Buganda Kingdom. It is still a place where people come to seek the old ways. After lunch stop briefly at Mabira forest; check out different primates such as grey checked mangabey and red- tailed monkey. There are also butterfly and bird species most notably birds. Such as Nahan’s francolin, localized forest wood-hoopoe and African pitta. It is the only remaining nature low land tropical rainforest in central Uganda!
Dinner and overnight at Wild Waters Lodge (High end), or Haven Eco Lodge (Mid range) Meal Plan (Dinner)
DAY 2: WHITE WATER RAFTING THEN TRANSFER TO KAMPALA (Travel time: +2hrs)
After enjoying breakfast, set off for water rafting on the most popular falls in Uganda, the Bujagali falls. These rapids go about 10km down river of the source of the Nile which has turned it to be one of the best spots for water rafting and kayaking. After lunch you may go bungee jumping and get to know what it means to let out your heart or horse riding or quad biking. Jinja is so much full of adventure that one cannot be bored in any way. Feel the adventure all the way thereafter return to Kampala for an overnight and prepare for your journey to Bwindi the following day. Dinner and overnight at Protea Hotel Kampala (High end), or Fairway Hotel Kampala (Midrange) Meal Plan (Full Board)
DAY 3: KAMPALA – BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK (Travel time: +9hrs)
A very early rise today and together with your guide you will transfer by private vehicle south-West to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You will stop over at the Uganda Equator for some photo shoots and a visit to the Craft Village. You will then head towards the western part of Uganda to the town of Mbarara where you will take
your lunch and visit the Igongo cultural center. After lunch you will go for a museum tour where you will get an insight into cultures of people in western Uganda then proceed to Bwindi impenetrable forest. Dine at your place of accommodation and relax the rest of the evening as you prepare for a thrilling experience of Mountain Gorilla Tracking the following day, the reality is that tonight you actually are sleeping within an African Rainforest which is habitat to half the population of the world’s endangered Mountain Gorillas. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Lodge (High end), or Haven Lodge (Mid range) Meal Plan (Full Board)
DAY 4: BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK (Gorilla Tracking)
After an early breakfast, head to the Headquarters of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park for an orientation plus meeting the guides as well as separation into the groups basing on which gorilla group you are to be tracking. From there you will set off for your thrill experience of the Gorillas in the Mist. Hiking within this mysterious and wonderful forest offers quite a lot to see as you make your way to see the Mountain Gorillas. The wildlife including additional primates, butterflies, mammals and birds, will certainly be very beautiful and really enhance this extremely special experience. The tracking / trekking can entail some thorough climbing as well as hiking although when you come face to face with the tranquil yet potent Mountain Gorillas, watching them only a few meters away from you observing the group, the baby with the mothers, the gorillas partaking their every day routine just right in front of you is all very overwhelming. You can never find any mountain gorillas living in the zoo, save for just in this not large area of Africa where a number of the remnant mountain gorillas can be seen. Luckily because of too many efforts, this population is thriving and well surviving within the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and visitors get the opportunity of observing them at close proximity. Time permitting; thereafter visit the famous batwa community for a community and cultural experience. You will learn about the traditional lifestyle of the Batwa, from brewing of the local beer to medicines made from this very forest. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Lodge (High end), or Haven Lodge (Mid range) Meal Plan (Full Board)
DAY 5: BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK- KAMPALA (Travel time: +9hrs)
After breakfast, Check-out and head back to the capital Kampala, with stops in Mbarara for a delicious lunch. Later proceed to Kampala or Entebbe to a place or hotel of choice where your guide shall drop you or be transferred to Entebbe International Airport to catch up with your out bond flight back home or to your next destination. Meal plan (Breakfast and Lunch)
END OF THE TOURS
Luxury Madagascar with the best luxury African safari tours packages. Discover your next perfect destination with HT Agency Tours
1 Gorilla permit per person
White water rafting
Ssezibwa falls and Mabira forest visit
Transportation on a 4×4 vehicle
English speaking Driver
Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary
Activities not included in the itinerary
- Your guide will manage all programs’ timing
- During the trip, the following dietary requirement(s) are served: Regular (typically includes meat, fish, milk, sea food, …). If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to us
- Please note that the feasibility of the tour will depend on the availability of the proposed accommodations
- We do not take responsibility for any airline schedule changes that may occur after quoting or booking. We will do everything we can to alleviate any disruption of your itinerary or holiday but cannot be held responsible for any loss of funds, bookings, missed connections or other prebooked/paid services.
Sezibwa falls and Mabira Forest
White water Rafting
Stopover at the Equator
Igongo Cultural Visit
- For safe operation
- Given the fluid nature of local COVID-19 protocols, our itineraries are regularly reviewed and will be modified based on local requirements to ensure a safe experience. If a major change is necessary, we will let you know before departure.
- Our guide will use their judgment during the trip to modify the itinerary if physical distancing cannot be achieved
- Our guide will receive in-depth training on COVID-19 protocols and how to conduct our journeys in the “new normal”.
- Our guide will brief you upon arrival on the use of face masks and physical distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
- Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local food hygiene and physical distancing requirements will be used. We will encourage outdoor dining areas where possible.
- All of our staff and third party suppliers will be continually informed of new health and safety protocols.
- Transportation Protocols
- Our drivers will follow local protocols on the use of face masks and physical distancing required.
- Our drivers will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer and tissues in the vehicle and encourage customers to wash their hands when getting into the vehicle.
- All vehicles will be disinfected (seats, door handles, etc.) regularly throughout the day.
- Protocols for Hotels
- We will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
- We will ensure that these measures include; improved room cleaning, ventilation, physical distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff retraining and minimization of contact within properties
- If You Get Sick
- All of our leaders are trained to help any guest who becomes ill while traveling.
- We also have an “action plan” in case of suspected COVID-19 cases within the group and are ready to seek medical support at any time.
- Our guides are supported by our 24/7 based operations team and local partners across the country
- Our recommendations
- We recommend you to bring your own face masks (at least 2 reusable) and an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We recommend you to check with the airline for their individual COVID-19 requirements prior to departure.
- We recommend you to check your own government travel advice and meet entry requirements including, but not limited to, COVID-19 testing, pre-arrival health questionnaires, and tracking and traceability in the country, etc