SOUTH OMO CULTURAL ETHIOPIA TOUR PACKAGES
DAY 1: ADIS ABEBA (ARRIVAL TIME)
Arrival at Adis Abeba International Airport. You will be welcomed by HT Agency Tours Staff. Once you have cleared customs formalities, our Guide will smooth through the rest of the arrivals process – currency exchange, setting up your phone with a new SIM card, and anything else you need. We will provide 1 SIM cards. It will make our contact easier. Transfer directly to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time take, city highlights – Drive up to mount Entoto for a panoramic view of Addis, National Museum of Ethiopia, the Holy Trinity built during WWII, the Ethnographic Museum, Merkato, the biggest market in East Africa.
NIGHT AT SIDRA HOTEL (Bed and Breakfast)
DAY 2: ADDIS ABABA- ARBAMINCH (7 HOURS DRIVE)
Early morning drive south to Arbaminch through Gurage village. On the way visit Tiya stelea field which is one of the eleven Ethiopian world heritage sites registered by UNESCO. In the afternoon, visit the Dorze tribe and their village, famed for their beehive-shaped houses and their weaving skills. Weaving is a primary profession for many Dorze. They are also farmers, who prevent soil erosion by indigenous terracing of the mountainsides. Around their huts they have their own little garden with vegetables, spices; tobacco and Enset (false-banana or Musa Ensete) late afternoon continue driving to Arbaminch.
NIGHT HAILE RESORT HOTEL ARBAMINCH (Bed and Breakfast)
DAY 3 : ARBAMINCH-TURMI (5 HOURS DRIVE)
Morning drive south to Turmi via Weyto valley. On the way visit konso Cultural Centre, famous for old and unique terracing and unusual engraved wooden statues. Continue driving to Turmi visiting the tribal market in Keyafer village if today is Thursday, in Dimeka village if today is Saturday or in Alduba village if today is Tuesday.
NIGHT AT BUSKA LODGE (Bed and Breakfast)
DAY 4 : TURMI - OMORATE - JINKA (4 HOURS DRIVE)
Morning drive to Omorate and visit the Dasenech village and tribe on the other side of the Omo river then return to Turmi. In the afternoon visit the village of Hamar tribes. Or alternatively attend the Hamer tribe bull-jumping ceremony (this is a seasonal ceremony, so you will attend if available on the day. Entrance fee to attend the ceremony is 50 USD per person). Then proceed to Jinka. Overnight at Eco Omo lodge in Jinka
NIGHT AT ECO OMO LODGE (Bed and Breakfast)
DAY 5 : MURSI VILLAGE
Early morning drive to Mursi village through Mago National Park. The Mursi woman is famous for wearing big clay discs in their lower lip which is considered as a sign of beauty. Then drive back to Jinka for lunch In the afternoon visit Jinka cultural museum displaying many more details about all tribes of Omo valley, including several very interesting documentary films.
NIGHT AT ECO OMO LODGE (Bed and Breakfast)
DAY 6 : JINKA-ARBAMINCH ( 5HOURS DRIVE)
In the morning drive to Arbaminch through Keyafer and Weyto valley. On the way visit the traditional market at Keyafer. Then proceed driving to Arbaminch.
NIGHT AT HAILE RESORT (Bed and Breakfast)
DAY 7 : ARBAMINCH- HAWASSA ( 5HOURS DRIVE)
In the morning, take a boat ride on Lake Chamo. Enjoy lake chamo aquatic life including the giant Nile crocodile, hippos and birdlife. Then drive back to Arbaminch town for lunch break. In the afternoon proceed driving to Hawassa through several villages including the colorful Halaba village.
NIGHT AT HAILE RESORT (Bed and Breakfast)
DAY 8 : HAWASSA- ADDISABABA
In the morning visits the traditional fish market on lake Hawassa. Then drive to Addis Ababa through the Great rift valley and Abiata Shala national park. Have a shortstop in the park to visit animals such as warthog, gazelle, kudu, and the biggest African bird, Ostrich. Then proceed driving to Addis Ababa. Arriving in Addis Ababa, optional activities such as shopping is possible. Then dinner party at one of the traditional restaurants enjoying traditional Ethiopian music live from the stage. Finally, transfer to the airport for your international flight. End of the trip
Transfer from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport
Driver/Guide (with English speaking)
Visits and excursions (following the itinerary)
Guides + entrance fees included for all national parks/reserves
Administrative management package
Bottles of water
Photography fee (photographing not for commercial purpose)
Last night dinner party
International flight ticket
Any Private Expenses
- Your guide will manage all programs’ timing
- Domestic flight departure timing: …
- During the trip, the following dietary requirement(s) are served: Regular (typically includes meat, fish, milk, sea food, …). If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to us
- Please note that the feasibility of the tour will depend on the availability of the proposed accommodations
- We do not take responsibility for any airline schedule changes that may occur after quoting or booking. We will do everything we can to alleviate any disruption of your itinerary or holiday but cannot be held responsible for any loss of funds, bookings, missed connections or other prebooked/paid services.
Our cultural exploration of this special destination includes spending time in villages isolated from the rest of the world in which fisherman still use papyrus boats, in local marketplaces where Ari women wear traditional skirts made of tree twigs and at tribal gatherings wherein stick-fighting contests, elaborate dress, lip plates and earlobe discs are commonplace.
- Visa and Passport
Tourist and business visas are required for travel to Ethiopia. Travelers can also obtain a visa online (e-visa) on the Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs website. A passport with 6 months validity is also required to get into the country
It is a condition of booking with HT Agency Tours that you have adequate valid travel insurance. It is your responsibility to arrange appropriate travel insurance and ensure you have read and understood the full terms and conditions of your travel insurance policy to ensure that you are covered for all activities you intend to undertake whilst on the tour, including all optional activities. Your Insurance Policy must fully cover you for medical expenses and emergency repatriation to your home country. Please ensure your policy includes medical emergency helicopter evacuation in the event of illness or injury and covers the entire duration of your holiday. If you are trekking at altitude, please ensure that there is no upper altitude limit which may limit or exclude cover for your trip.
For safe operation
- Given the fluid nature of local COVID-19 protocols, our itineraries are regularly reviewed and will be modified based on local requirements to ensure a safe experience. If a major change is necessary, we will let you know before departure.
- Our guide will use their judgment during the trip to modify the itinerary if physical distancing cannot be achieved
- Our guide will receive in-depth training on COVID-19 protocols and how to conduct our journeys in the “new normal”.
- Our guide will brief you upon arrival on the use of face masks and physical distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
- Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local food hygiene and physical distancing requirements will be used. We will encourage outdoor dining areas where possible.
- All of our staff and third party suppliers will be continually informed of new health and safety protocols.
- Our drivers will follow local protocols on the use of face masks and physical distancing required.
- Our drivers will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer and tissues in the vehicle and encourage customers to wash their hands when getting into the vehicle.
- All vehicles will be disinfected (seats, door handles, etc.) regularly throughout the day.
Protocols for Hotels
- We will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
- We will ensure that these measures include; improved room cleaning, ventilation, physical distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff retraining and minimization of contact within properties
If You Get Sick
- All of our leaders are trained to help any guest who becomes ill while traveling.
- We also have an “action plan” in case of suspected COVID-19 cases within the group and are ready to seek medical support at any time.
- Our guides are supported by our 24/7 based operations team and local partners across the country
- We recommend you to bring your own face masks (at least 2 reusable) and an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We recommend you to check with the airline for their individual COVID-19 requirements prior to departure.
- We recommend you to check your own government travel advice and meet entry requirements including, but not limited to, COVID-19 testing, pre-arrival health questionnaires, and tracking and traceability in the country, etc