NOSY BE MADAGASCAR TOUR PACKAGES
DAY1: NOSY BE (Arrival)
Arrival at Fascene International Airport. You will be welcomed by the HT Agency Tours Staff. Once you have cleared customs formalities, our Guide will smooth through the rest of the arrivals process – currency exchange, setting up your phone with a new SIM card, and anything else you need. We will provide 1 local SIM cards with Internet + National Call + 10mn International call during your stay in Madagascar. It will make our contact easier. Transfer directly to the hotel.
NIGHT AT RAVINTSARA
DAY2: NOSY BE (Lokobe – Nosy tanikely)
We start our exploration of the Nosy Be area at Lokobe, a typical fishing village situated in the middle of a ylang-ylang plantation in the southeast of the island. Here we visit the Réserve Naturelle Intégrale de Lokobe, which protects most of the island’s remaining endemic vegetation. We will also see cultivated plant species such as ylang-ylang trees, vanilla orchids and travellers’ palms. The reserve is home to the Black Lemur (the male is dark brown, almost black, while the female is a lovely chestnut colour with white tufts around her ears and cheeks) and several other lemur species. Setting off by fast boat, we visit the small island of Nosy Tanikely, which became an underwater reserve in 2010 and is known for its unrivalled snorkeling. A radius of 700 metres around the lighthouse marks the natural reserve area.
NIGHT AT RAVINTSARA
DAY3: NOSY BE (Nosy Iranja)
After breakfast, around 08:00AM, depature to the famous Nosy Iranja which is located at 1h30 by speedboat from Nosy Be. These two islands are connected by a fine white sandbank which is covered at high tide, and discovered at low tide. This is a paradise island with its turquoise blue colors, white paradise, and green nature. The turtles come there to lay still to date hence its name “Turtle Island”. We see all kinds of birds; terns, some varieties of herons and the passage of sea eagles. Buffet lunch on tables in the shade of coconut trees (crab, grilled fish, kebabs of zebu and shrimp, coconut rice, raw vegetables, tropical fruits). Visit the lighthouse and the authentic village of Greater Iranja. On the course featured, discover the entire virgin coast of the big island (Madagascar) and its miles of wild beaches, sugar loaf (large rock formation mid-course) and Nosy Antsoa, still completely authentic island. After the visit, return back to the hotel around 05:00PM.
NIGHT AT RAVINTSARA
DAY4: NOSY BE (Nosy Komba)
After breakfast, leave the hotel around 8:00AM with continuing the visit, which is divided by two main stops: The first one in Nosy Komba which is the 2nd largest island after Nosy Be. Visit the Lemurs Park, the fishing village and its traditional pirogues. Visit also the market tablecloths, then cross the village for a moment of shopping with the famous sculptures of Nosy Komba, its craft stalls, smiling faces and colorful. The Second one: Nosy Tanikely, underwater protected nature reserve. Just a mask and a snorkel to dive into a real life-size aquarium. A few meters from the beach, you will see the magnificent spectacle of corals and anemones, myriads of multicolored fish, crustaceans, grouper and lucky sea turtles. Swimming, stroll to the lighthouse to discover the dogfish and lemurs perched in the trees, lizards, chameleons and butterflies will accompany you along the way. After the visit, return back to the hotel around 05:00PM.
NIGHT AT RAVINTSARA
DAY5: NOSY BE (Available from September to November)
After breakfast, you will live one of the best experiences in the ocean with discovering the Whales of Madagascar and even the Whales Shark if you practice diving. Well- known worldwide for the white sand beaches, the whale shark Madagascar is the king here. Every day during or 3 months of the year, you can come to Nosy Be to meet with the biggest shark in the world… Contrary to appearances, the beast is completely harmless: the whale shark feeds on small-size preys such as plankton and krill. Also seaweeds, small shellfishes, small squids or fishes less than 10cm long (mackerels…). The safety instructions are given mostly to protect them, not the divers! During briefings before diving, the teams explains how to behave under water in order to limit the impacts from your observation on the animal. In the afternoon, just enjoy your day in Nosy Be : Sun-kissed beaches, an azure ocean boasting natural coral reefs teeming with exotic fish, breathtaking sunsets and a tropical climate combine to create the perfect setting for an unforgettable getaway. In the afternoon, depending on what you are looking for to bring home, we will take you to the appropriate market, shopping and purchase some souvenirs at the craft market in Nosy Be
After breakfast, you will be driven in town for shopping and purchase of some souvenirs in the artisanal market. And then, transfer to the airport for the external flight.
Transfer from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport
Driver/Guide (with English speaking)
Visits and excursions (following the itinerary)
Guides + entrance fees included for all national parks/reserves
Administrative management package
Bottles of water
- International and domestic flight
- Your guide will manage all programs’ timing
- Domestic flight departure timing: …
- During the trip, the following dietary requirement(s) are served: Regular (typically includes meat, fish, milk, sea food, …). If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to us
- Please note that the feasibility of the tour will depend on the availability of the proposed accommodations
- We do not take responsibility for any airline schedule changes that may occur after quoting or booking. We will do everything we can to alleviate any disruption of your itinerary or holiday but cannot be held responsible for any loss of funds, bookings, missed connections or other prebooked/paid services.
This tour will take you from overseas to Nosy be where you will have the chance to discover: Nosy Iranja, Nosy Komba, Nosy sakatia, Nosy Tanikely and Lokobe.
The climate is tropical, but cooler in the highlands (dropping as low as 5°C at night in July/August in Antananarivo and Andasibe). The dry season is March to October continuing into November in most areas. The east coast is best March-May and September-November, January-March is cyclone season. The south west area is hot, dry and semi-arid. March-April is the best time for flowers and reptiles. November (spring) is generally the best time for wildlife and birds, but lemurs can be viewed all year round. Seasonal weather patterns can be unpredictable
- Antananarivo : from 329m to 455m
HT Agency Tours offers a water bottle. Please bring camera film (and spare batteries), binoculars and a beach towel and swimwear. Rain proof pants are very handy for walks in the rainforest. Walking poles maybe useful in Ranomafana NP and Andasibe NP. Lightweight walking bootshoes and trainers is recommended. Clothing should be lightweight, but a warm sweater or jacket is advisable as nights at altitude and under desert conditions can be very cold, even in summer and especially in July to September. Rainwear is highly recommended on all tours for the occasional shower. Warmer layers will be required during the winter months.
- Visa and Passport
Madagascar: An entry visa is required by USA citizens and can be obtained on arrival. The visa is chargeable at 40USD and issued for 30 days. The visa fee is payable in USD or Euro and we advise to take small denominations and a little extra as the USD amount is calculated daily by the applicable rate of exchange. Other nationalities should consult the relevant consulate. For a single-entry tourist visa, you can apply via the e-visa website: https://evisamada.gov.mg/en/
You will need to print a copy of your evisa approval letter and present this with your passport at immigration upon your arrival. The approval letter will take a minimum of 3 days to be processed so we strongly advise for you to apply within plenty of time (maximum of 6 months prior to your arrival) before your departure. You will be permitted to stay within Madagascar for a maximum of up to 90 days and we strongly recommend for you to read the FAQ section on the e-visa website before applying.
It is a condition of booking with HT Agency Tours that you have adequate valid travel insurance. It is your responsibility to arrange appropriate travel insurance and ensure you have read and understood the full terms and conditions of your travel insurance policy to ensure that you are covered for all activities you intend to undertake whilst on the tour, including all optional activities. Your Insurance Policy must fully cover you for medical expenses and emergency repatriation to your home country. Please ensure your policy includes medical emergency helicopter evacuation in the event of illness or injury and covers the entire duration of your holiday. If you are trekking at altitude, please ensure that there is no upper altitude limit which may limit or exclude cover for your trip.
Nothing compulsory, but we recommend protection against malaria, tetanus, typhoid, hepatitis A plus, Polio and diptheria. Please note that all travellers aged over 9 months old that have travelled from or have transit via a country with a risk of yellow fever transmission, will need to present a Yellow Fever certificate at immigration/borders in Madagascar for inspection. Consult your travel clinic for latest advice on different prophylaxis available against malaria. Following the advice given by the Government’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office, we strongly recommend the wearing long sleeved shirts and the liberal application of insect repellent as a precautionary measure to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes. These precautions should be taken at all times as the mosquitoes are also active during daylight hours. Please check the latest requirements with your travel clinic or doctor prior to departure.
- Food and drink
The costs of meals may vary according to the location, type of restaurant and number of courses eaten and so the prices given below are just an average guide. Local restaurants located off the beaten track may be less expensive, whereas an upmarket restaurant located in the center of a major city may charge more:
- Lunch price: 10 USD
- Dinner price: 17 USD
- Beer price: 2 USD
- Watter price: 1 USD
For safe operation
- Given the fluid nature of local COVID-19 protocols, our itineraries are regularly reviewed and will be modified based on local requirements to ensure a safe experience. If a major change is necessary, we will let you know before departure.
- Our guide will use their judgment during the trip to modify the itinerary if physical distancing cannot be achieved
- Our guide will receive in-depth training on COVID-19 protocols and how to conduct our journeys in the “new normal”.
- Our guide will brief you upon arrival on the use of face masks and physical distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
- Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local food hygiene and physical distancing requirements will be used. We will encourage outdoor dining areas where possible.
- All of our staff and third party suppliers will be continually informed of new health and safety protocols.
- Our drivers will follow local protocols on the use of face masks and physical distancing required.
- Our drivers will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer and tissues in the vehicle and encourage customers to wash their hands when getting into the vehicle.
- All vehicles will be disinfected (seats, door handles, etc.) regularly throughout the day.
Protocols for Hotels
- We will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
- We will ensure that these measures include; improved room cleaning, ventilation, physical distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff retraining and minimization of contact within properties
If You Get Sick
- All of our leaders are trained to help any guest who becomes ill while traveling.
- We also have an “action plan” in case of suspected COVID-19 cases within the group and are ready to seek medical support at any time.
- Our guides are supported by our 24/7 based operations team and local partners across the country
- We recommend you to bring your own face masks (at least 2 reusable) and an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We recommend you to check with the airline for their individual COVID-19 requirements prior to departure.
- We recommend you to check your own government travel advice and meet entry requirements including, but not limited to, COVID-19 testing, pre-arrival health questionnaires, and tracking and traceability in the country, etc