4 days primate tracking safari tour packages
DAY 1: KAMPALA – KIBALE NATIONAL PARK (Travel time: +5hrs)
After an early breakfast, drive North West to Fort portal which is the largest city in the western region. Arriving in time for healthy lunch in Fort Portal, after which you will have an opportunity of visiting the three surrounding explosion craters. This is a unique place in western Uganda that most find most enjoyable and is a combination of a nature walk, cave exploration and local culture as portrayed in the folklore that you will hear from your guide. Time permitting; you will also have a chance of visiting the famous Amabere Caves with an interesting folklore behind it. Drive to your lodge for dinner and relaxation. Dinner and over night at Ndali Lodge (High–end) or Fort Motel (Mid–range) Meal plan (Dinner)
DAY 2: KIBALE NATIONAL PARK- BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK (Chimpanzee Tracking) (Travel time: +7hrs)
Start the day with an early breakfast and thereafter drive to Kibale National Park which is home to over 1000 chimpanzees including the black and white colobus monkey, grey Cheeked Mangabey and red tailed monkey. Here you will be allowed to spend some time with these mesmerizing creatures, as you observe them swing from one tree to another, feed, play around or progress steadily on the ground right in front of you. Have lunch at your place of accommodation and thereafter drive south to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for a thrilling experience of Mountain Gorilla Tracking the following day, the reality is that tonight you actually are sleeping within an African Rain-forest which is habitat to half the population of the world’s endangered Mountain Gorillas. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Lodge (High-end) or Haven Lodge (Mid range) Meal Plan (Dinner)
DAY 3: BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK (Gorilla Tracking)
After an early breakfast, head to the Headquarters of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park for an orientation plus meeting the guides as well as separation into the groups basing on which gorilla group you are to be tracking. From there you will set off for your thrill experience of the Gorillas in the Mist. Hiking within this mysterious and wonderful forest offers quite a lot to see as you make your way to see the Mountain Gorillas. The wildlife including additional primates, butterflies, mammals and birds, will certainly be very beautiful and really enhance this extremely special experience. The tracking / trekking can entail some thorough climbing as well as hiking although when you come face to face with the tranquil yet potent Mountain Gorillas, watching them only a few meters away from you observing the group, the baby with the mothers, the gorillas partaking their everyday routine just right in front of you is all very overwhelming. You can never find any mountain gorillas living in the zoo, save for just in this not large area of Africa where a number of the remnant mountain gorillas can be seen. Luckily because of too many efforts, this population is thriving and well surviving within the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and visitors get the opportunity of observing
them at close proximity. Time permitting; thereafter visit the famous batwa community for a community and cultural experience. You will learn about the traditional lifestyle of the Batwa, from brewing of the local beer to medicines made from this very forest. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Lodge (Mid-range) or Haven
Lodge (Mid-range) Meal Plan (Full Board)
DAY 4: BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK- KAMPALA (Travel time: +9hrs)
A very early rise today and together with your guide you will drive back to Kampala. You will stop over in Mbarara for lunch and a visit of the Igongo cultural center. After lunch you will pass by the Equator crossing for some photo shoots and a visit to the crafts village. Later proceed to Kampala or Entebbe to a place or hotel of choice where your guide shall drop you or be transferred to Entebbe International Airport to catch up with your out bond flight back home or to your next destination. Meal plan (Breakfast and Lunch)
END OF THE TOURS
Luxury Madagascar with the best luxury African safari tours packages. Discover your next perfect destination with HT Agency Tours
1 Gorilla permit per person
1 Chimpanzee permit per person
Amabere Cave visit
Transportation on a 4x4 vehicle
English speaking Driver
Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary
Activities not included in the itinerary
- Your guide will manage all programs’ timing
- During the trip, the following dietary requirement(s) are served: Regular (typically includes meat, fish, milk, sea food, …). If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to us
- Please note that the feasibility of the tour will depend on the availability of the proposed accommodations
- We do not take responsibility for any airline schedule changes that may occur after quoting or booking. We will do everything we can to alleviate any disruption of your itinerary or holiday but cannot be held responsible for any loss of funds, bookings, missed connections or other prebooked/paid services.
Crater lakes tour in Fort portal
Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest National park
Stopover at the Equator
Igongo Cultural Visit
- For safe operation
- Given the fluid nature of local COVID-19 protocols, our itineraries are regularly reviewed and will be modified based on local requirements to ensure a safe experience. If a major change is necessary, we will let you know before departure.
- Our guide will use their judgment during the trip to modify the itinerary if physical distancing cannot be achieved
- Our guide will receive in-depth training on COVID-19 protocols and how to conduct our journeys in the “new normal”.
- Our guide will brief you upon arrival on the use of face masks and physical distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
- Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local food hygiene and physical distancing requirements will be used. We will encourage outdoor dining areas where possible.
- All of our staff and third party suppliers will be continually informed of new health and safety protocols.
- Transportation Protocols
- Our drivers will follow local protocols on the use of face masks and physical distancing required.
- Our drivers will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer and tissues in the vehicle and encourage customers to wash their hands when getting into the vehicle.
- All vehicles will be disinfected (seats, door handles, etc.) regularly throughout the day.
- Protocols for Hotels
- We will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
- We will ensure that these measures include; improved room cleaning, ventilation, physical distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff retraining and minimization of contact within properties
- If You Get Sick
- All of our leaders are trained to help any guest who becomes ill while traveling.
- We also have an “action plan” in case of suspected COVID-19 cases within the group and are ready to seek medical support at any time.
- Our guides are supported by our 24/7 based operations team and local partners across the country
- Our recommendations
- We recommend you to bring your own face masks (at least 2 reusable) and an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We recommend you to check with the airline for their individual COVID-19 requirements prior to departure.
- We recommend you to check your own government travel advice and meet entry requirements including, but not limited to, COVID-19 testing, pre-arrival health questionnaires, and tracking and traceability in the country, etc