ULTIMATE NAMIBIA EXHIBITION LUXURY TOUR PACKAGE
DAY 1: ARRIVAL WINDHOEK
Arrival at the Windhoek Hosea Kutako International Airport. You will be welcomed by HT Agency Tours Staff. Once you have cleared customs formalities, our Guide will smooth through the rest of the arrivals process – currency exchange, setting up your phone with a new SIM card, and anything else you need. We will provide 1 SIM cards with Internet during your stay in Namibia. It will make our contact easier. Enjoy a private transfer between Windhoek Hosea Kutako International Airport and your hotel. Relax at the hotel pool dinning some great local cuisine in Hilton Windhoek Hotel
Night at the Hilton Windhoek Hotel
DAY 2 TO 3 WINDHOEK TO OTJIWARONGO
Meet your guide for your private transfer to Otjiwarongo. Approximate travel time is 3 hours. The Okonjima Nature Reserve sprawls over 200 square kilometers of undulating plains, mountainous outcrops, and riverine thickets. Activities include:
Leopard Tracking: Leopards thrive in high densities in the vast expanse of Okonjima Nature Reserve’s multi-faceted topography. A two-day Okonjima stay offers the best chance to view this rare and endangered species in their natural habitat. Get a front-row seat to the extensive research project as the leopards are actively tracked. Their collars are also an invaluable resource for locating cats that have migrated to surrounding farmland where they are perceived as threats to livestock, and returning them to the Reserve.
Game Drives: Okonjima Nature Reserve is a diversified ecosystem that is home to the large and small animals of Namibia. Join your guide on a game drive to seek out this incredible range of wildlife – from predators such as leopard and cheetah through various antelope species and the more rare desert-adapted animals such as bat-eared foxes, brown hyena, and pangolin. Birders will not be disappointed as the reserve is also home to most of the country’s endemic species.
AfriCat Carnivore Care & Information Centre: The Okonjima Nature Reserve is home to the headquarters of The AfriCat Foundation, a non-profit organization committed to the long-term conservation of Namibia’s large carnivores. Visit some of the captive carnivores that are too old or habituated to be reintroduced into the wild and will therefore remain under the expert care of the AfriCat Team. These animals have become Species Ambassadors for their wild counterparts. After an informative afternoon, end the day with a sundowner drink in an area that has a high density of the secretly-social and rarely-seen brown hyena.
Off The Beaten Track: Join your guide for this undemanding combination of a short walking trail and nature drive that features interactive and informative demonstrations. This experience offers stimulating insight into the flora and fauna, as well as the culture. Spend another day in the magnificent Okonjima Nature Reserve. Famed for frequent leopard, brown hyaena and pangolin sightings on safari, gain an up close understanding of Namibia’s wildlife on game drives, walks or conservation visits. Whether you are active, an avid bird watcher or simply want to soak in the scenery, there are endless ways to spend your time at Okonjima.
Accommodation: Okonjima Luxury Bush Camp
Meals: Full Board
DAY 4 TO 05 OTJIWARONGO TO EAST ETOSHA
National Park. Discover the mysteries of the African bush in Etosha National Park.This afternoon you’ll head out for a private game drive in Etosha National Park. You will see what variety of animals you find throughout the afternoon and into the evening. Watch the sunset, and enjoy a sundowner Set out in the morning with your private guide on another exciting game drive through Etosha Game Reserve. Spend the full day enjoying all that it has to offer with a wide range of wildlife. Today your guide will take you to locations known for Zebras, Lions, Elephants, Hyenas, Springboks, and so many other unique African wildlife and species. When you are tired you can head back to the lodge.
Accommodation: Okonjima Luxury Bush Camp
Meals: Full Board
DAY 6 TO 7 WEST ETOSHA
Set out in the morning with your private guide on another exciting game drive through Etosha Game Reserve. Spend the full day enjoying all that it has to offer with a wide range of wildlife. Today your guide will take you to locations known for Zebras, Lions, Elephants, Hyenas, Springboks, and so many other unique African wildlife and species. When you are tired you can head back to the lodge. Next day Ahead of first light it’s time set out on an early morning private game drive to discover the many animals that stalk through the bush during the early hours of the day within the Etosha park. This is one of the best times time to view game. Prepare to spot resident predators enjoying the spoils of their hunt from the night before, and a dizzying range of smaller mammals and bird life.
Accommodation: Etosha Oberland Lodge
Meals. Full Board
DAY 8 TO 9 ETOSHA TO DAMARALAND
Meet your private driver for a transfer to Damaraland. Enjoy your introduction to this rocky landscape scattered with desert adapted wildlife. Arrive at your game lodge in the late afternoon. Approximate driving time is 6 hours.This afternoon, enjoy time at leisure to explore at your own pace, or relax at your hotel.After an early breakfast hop into your 4×4 to explore the remarkable Aba Huab and Huab River valleys and search for game, including the elusive desert-adapted elephants if they are in the area. Despite its aridity, the area supports a surprisingly high diversity of wildlife including a healthy number of desert- adapted elephant and good populations of Hartmann’s mountain zebra, southern giraffe, gemsbok, springbok, with occasional cheetah and black rhino. You can also find interesting flora like euphorbias, pachypodiums and shepherd’s trees that have adapted to this harsh environment. Birding is excellent with Herero Chat and Benguela Long-billed Lark being common finds. Stop to enjoy a picnic lunch it in the shade of a large ana tree and enjoy the unique ambiance of the area. On your return, you can visit Twyfelfontein and other nearby attractions if you haven’t already done so or take a walk with your guide into the local area around Camp. If none of those appeal, you can just relax and enjoy some well-deserved leisure time.
Accommodation: Mowani Mountain Camp
Meals: Full Board
DAY 10 TO 11 DAMARALAND TO SWAKOPMUND
Today’s journey takes you south passing Namibia’s highest mountain, the Brandberg, from a distance and driving via the small mining community of Uis before heading west to meet the coast at Henties Bay. You will then continue south to reach the coastal town of Swakopmund, where you can enjoy the pleasant seaside location and cooler coastal air. Approximate travel time is 5 hours. From harbor cruises with bottlenose dolphins to a living desert tour, Swakopmund has an incredible amount of activities to do. These can either be pre-booked with your trip specialist or arranged by your guide upon arrival. Activities include, flightseeing, township tours, catamaran cruises, birding, sandboarding, horseback riding, fishing, kayaking and much more.
Accommodation: The Delight
Meals: Full Board
DAY 12 TO 13 SWAKOPMUND TO SOSSUSVLEI
After an early breakfast, depart on a fascinating drive which takes you southeast through unique and ever- changing desert landscapes via the impressive Gaub and Kuiseb canyons to meet the dunes at the settlement of Solitaire. This drive will take approximately 6 hours. Experience the full scope of the incredible Namib Desert and learn the secrets of the desert from your professional guide. Your day will begin just after breakfast and before sunrise. Start your journey learning about both the landscape and the wildlife that is so important to this area; from lizards, snakes, and spiders, to scorpions and beetles. Learn about the bird life of the area and take the opportunity for some breathtaking photos of the dunes. Next, you will enter the ancient Tsauchab River bed where your guide will tell you everything there is to know about the flora and fauna of the area. Once you are fully educated on this spectacular place, you will embark on a hike to Dead Vlei and Sossusvlei. Along the way you will learn more about the geological and historical components of the area. Enjoy a coffee/tea break with some seasonal and homemade goodies in Sossusvlei. A rewarding stop in the midst of your adventure so far! Before midday you will drive back to Elim Dune for a picnic lunch under one of the stunning Camel Thorn Trees. A picturesque dining experience will be set up and waiting for you.After lunch, you will visit Sesriem Canyon and enjoy a hike and lecture about history and geography of this location. Take more pictures and enjoy the scenery before heading back to your lodge. You will arrive back to the lodge around 3:30 – 4:00 in the afternoon.
Accomodation: Hoodia Desert Lodge
Meals: Full Board
DAY 14 SOSSUSVLEI TO WINDHOEK
This morning you will meet your guide and drive back to Windhoek. The journey today takes you northeast up the Great Escarpment and through the scenic Khomas Hochland highlands. Approximate travel time is 5 hours.
Accomodation: Hilton Windhoek Hotel
Meals: Full Board
DAY 15 Departure WINDHOEK
Safe Travels! Enjoy a private transfer between Windhoek Hosea Kutako International Airport and your hotel.
END OF OUR SERVICE
A fully customized itinerary based on your interests and schedule
24/7 in-destination support from our local office
All accommodation stays, tours and transfers for scheduled activities are covered, unless otherwise listed in the itinerary
A private driver for tours and transfers (in some countries our local private guides also act as your driver – your Destination Expert will discuss with you if applicable)
Local private guides or shared tours that take you through your itinerary highlights and experiences, your final itinerary will confirm the type of tour
A greeting at the airport or at your accommodation from one of our representatives – your expert will confirm your meet and greet location with you
Breakfast each morning at your hotel, plus any meals indicated in the itinerary
One suitcase and one carry-on per person for trip transfers
SIM card with internet (One per person)
- Your guide will manage all programs’ timing
- During the trip, the following dietary requirement(s) are served: Regular (typically includes meat, fish, milk, sea food, …). If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to us
- Please note that the feasibility of the tour will depend on the availability of the proposed accommodations
- We do not take responsibility for any airline schedule changes that may occur after quoting or booking. We will do everything we can to alleviate any disruption of your itinerary or holiday but cannot be held responsible for any loss of funds, bookings, missed connections or other prebooked/paid services.
- For safe operation
- Given the fluid nature of local COVID-19 protocols, our itineraries are regularly reviewed and will be modified based on local requirements to ensure a safe experience. If a major change is necessary, we will let you know before departure.
- Our guide will use their judgment during the trip to modify the itinerary if physical distancing cannot be achieved
- Our guide will receive in-depth training on COVID-19 protocols and how to conduct our journeys in the “new normal”.
- Our guide will brief you upon arrival on the use of face masks and physical distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
- Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local food hygiene and physical distancing requirements will be used. We will encourage outdoor dining areas where possible.
- All of our staff and third party suppliers will be continually informed of new health and safety protocols.
- Transportation Protocols
- Our drivers will follow local protocols on the use of face masks and physical distancing required.
- Our drivers will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer and tissues in the vehicle and encourage customers to wash their hands when getting into the vehicle.
- All vehicles will be disinfected (seats, door handles, etc.) regularly throughout the day.
- Protocols for Hotels
- We will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
- We will ensure that these measures include; improved room cleaning, ventilation, physical distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff retraining and minimization of contact within properties
- If You Get Sick
- All of our leaders are trained to help any guest who becomes ill while traveling.
- We also have an “action plan” in case of suspected COVID-19 cases within the group and are ready to seek medical support at any time.
- Our guides are supported by our 24/7 based operations team and local partners across the country
- Our recommendations
- We recommend you to bring your own face masks (at least 2 reusable) and an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We recommend you to check with the airline for their individual COVID-19 requirements prior to departure.
- We recommend you to check your own government travel advice and meet entry requirements including, but not limited to, COVID-19 testing, pre-arrival health questionnaires, and tracking and traceability in the country, etc