4 DAYS HIGHLIGHTS OF GORILLA AND LAKE MBURO SAFARI TOUR PACKAGES
DAY 1: KAMPALA – BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK (Travel time: +9hrs)
A very early rise today and together with your guide you will transfer by private vehicle south–West to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You will stop over at the Uganda Equator for some photo shoots and a visit to the Craft Village. You will then head towards the western part of Uganda to the town of Mbarara where you will take your lunch and visit the Igongo cultural center. After lunch you will go for a museum tour where you will get an insight into cultures of people in western Uganda then proceed to Bwindi impenetrable forest. Dine at your place of accommodation and relax the rest of the evening as you prepare for a thrilling experience of Mountain Gorilla Tracking the following day, the reality is that tonight you actually are sleeping within an African Rain forest which is habitat to half the population of the world’s endangered Mountain Gorillas. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Lodge (High end), or Nkuringo Haven Lodge (Mid range) Meal Plan (Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 2: BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK (Gorilla Tracking)
After an early breakfast, head to the Headquarters of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park for an orientation plus meeting the guides as well as separation into the groups basing on which gorilla group you are to be tracking. From there you will set off for your thrill experience of the Gorillas in the Mist. Hiking within this mysterious and wonderful forest offers quite a lot to see as you make your way to see the Mountain Gorillas. The wildlife including additional primates, butterflies, mammals and birds, will certainly be very beautiful and really enhance this extremely special experience. The tracking / trekking can entail some thorough climbing as well as hiking although when you come face to face with the tranquil yet potent Mountain Gorillas, watching them only a few meters away from you observing the group, the baby with the
mothers, the gorillas partaking their everyday routine just right in front of you is all very overwhelming. You can never find any mountain gorillas living in the zoo, save for just in this not large area of Africa where a number of the remnant mountain gorillas can be seen. Luckily because of too many efforts, this population is thriving and well surviving within the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and visitors get the opportunity of observing them at close proximity. Today afternoon we will transfer to Lake Mburo National Park arriving in time for an evening game drive that will take you to the Kazuma Look Out Point. Here you will enjoy the beautiful Sceneries of the lakes, swamps, the plains that run all the way to Tanzania and then the irresistible sunset! Lake Mburo offers the best opportunities for viewing the big Elands, Burchell Zebras, Topis, Buffaloes and Impalas. With roughly 310 species, birds are also well represented. Among them are species whose breeding grounds are mainly characterized by the acacia trees, as well as water and swamp birds. The lake bearing the same name within the park attracts herds of hippos and crocodiles. The hedges of the embedded swamps hide the rare Sitatunga- antelope. Dinner and overnight at Mihingo Lodge (High end), or Arcadia cottages (Mid-range) Meal Plan (Full Board)
DAY 3: LAKE MBURO NATIONAL PARK
After an early morning breakfast, explore the park with a game drive in search of animals like: zebras, impalas, Topis, buffaloes, elands. Bird watching opportunities are excellent here, with about 313 bird species recorded here including the rare shoe bill stork, White winged Warbler, Crested Francolin among others. You will then return to the lodge for lunch. After lunch you will go for a boat ride that gives you the chance to view water animals like; Crocodiles, Hippopotamus and water birds including; Fish Eagles, Pelicans, Black crake, Heron, Cormorant, and the rare shoe bill stork. Dinner and overnight at Mihingo Lodge (High end), or Arcadia cottages (Mid-range) Meal Plan (Full Board)
DAY 4: LAKE MBURO NATIONAL PARK TO ENTEBBE (Travel Time: +6hrs)
At dawn, rise up for a guided nature walk to Nakivale wet land (Ramsar site) or Rubanga forest enables you to see a number of bird species like Shoe bill, papyrus Gonolek, Papyrus yellow warbler, and red-faced Barbet. Later you will return to your accommodation for late breakfast. Take time to relax and reminisce your trip so far. Enjoy your lunch and leave for Kampala in the afternoon arriving in the evening. Meal Plan:B&L
END OF THE TOURS
Luxury Madagascar with the best luxury African safari tours packages. Discover your next perfect destination with HT Agency Tours
1 Gorilla permit per person for Bwindi
Nature walks as per itinerary
Game Drive (Lake Mburo)
Boat trip as per the itinerary
Park entry fees
Transportation on a 4x4 vehicle
English speaking Driver
Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary
Activities not included in the itinerary
- Your guide will manage all programs’ timing
- During the trip, the following dietary requirement(s) are served: Regular (typically includes meat, fish, milk, sea food, …). If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to us
- Please note that the feasibility of the tour will depend on the availability of the proposed accommodations
- We do not take responsibility for any airline schedule changes that may occur after quoting or booking. We will do everything we can to alleviate any disruption of your itinerary or holiday but cannot be held responsible for any loss of funds, bookings, missed connections or other prebooked/paid services.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park is best known for its outstanding gorilla tracking, but it also provides refuge to elephant, chimpanzee, monkeys and various small antelope and bird species. If you book a Uganda safari without Gorilla trekking then you would have missed an opportunity to see these rare and threatened gorillas. Extraordinary diversity, yet in one experience! It’s exciting and very memorable… game drives at Lake Mburo NP….Get to see the zebras, herds of buffaloes, new giraffes recently relocated to the park.
- For safe operation
- Given the fluid nature of local COVID-19 protocols, our itineraries are regularly reviewed and will be modified based on local requirements to ensure a safe experience. If a major change is necessary, we will let you know before departure.
- Our guide will use their judgment during the trip to modify the itinerary if physical distancing cannot be achieved
- Our guide will receive in-depth training on COVID-19 protocols and how to conduct our journeys in the “new normal”.
- Our guide will brief you upon arrival on the use of face masks and physical distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
- Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local food hygiene and physical distancing requirements will be used. We will encourage outdoor dining areas where possible.
- All of our staff and third party suppliers will be continually informed of new health and safety protocols.
- Transportation Protocols
- Our drivers will follow local protocols on the use of face masks and physical distancing required.
- Our drivers will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer and tissues in the vehicle and encourage customers to wash their hands when getting into the vehicle.
- All vehicles will be disinfected (seats, door handles, etc.) regularly throughout the day.
- Protocols for Hotels
- We will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
- We will ensure that these measures include; improved room cleaning, ventilation, physical distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff retraining and minimization of contact within properties
- If You Get Sick
- All of our leaders are trained to help any guest who becomes ill while traveling.
- We also have an “action plan” in case of suspected COVID-19 cases within the group and are ready to seek medical support at any time.
- Our guides are supported by our 24/7 based operations team and local partners across the country
- Our recommendations
- We recommend you to bring your own face masks (at least 2 reusable) and an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We recommend you to check with the airline for their individual COVID-19 requirements prior to departure.
- We recommend you to check your own government travel advice and meet entry requirements including, but not limited to, COVID-19 testing, pre-arrival health questionnaires, and tracking and traceability in the country, etc